Overcoming Obstacles in 2015
Pastor Johnny Periera spoke at the 2014 annual conference this last fall about overcoming obstacles, sharing 2000 year old wisdom about growth, overcoming, putting things into proper perspective and becoming a better leader.
Through his message, he uses appropriate humor and examples while showing how a specific passage in the New Testament book of James applies not only to life 2000 years ago, but still applies to our experience in life and specifically in approaching challenges and obstacles in business in the present age. The passage he shared was James 1: 2-8 (NIV) :
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.
Key elements in this inspirational and educational talk to the national and international partners of 5th Avenue included:
- Understanding and putting joy into proper perspective
- Facing obstacles with proper emotional / logical balance
- How your perceptions of life determine the quality of your life
- How joy is more of a decision than a feeling - it does not deny the legitimacy of feelings and emotions but puts joy above them in terms of being based on a logical decision instead of an emotional reaction
- It's not "if" you face trials but "whenever" you face trials, assuming that you will, and how to face them with Biblical wisdom that also applies to business
- Your character cannot grow without your cooperation
This passage in James tells us that in order to be mature, and to be the best we can be as a leader and a successful person, we must grow and nurture 4 main things:
- Joyous attitude
- Goal oriented outlook
- Teachable Spirit
- A believing heart
By focusing on these 4 items of personal growth and asking for and seeking wisdom, we can become more mature, more successful in life and a better leader. He also sums this up in that we have the resources to ask for wisdom, both from God and from others in order to help us use the circumstances in our lives for our growth and God's Glory.
5th Avenue Acquisitions & Venture Capitalists is a leading, international team of project funding and transition specialists. To learn more about becoming a part of our team of leaders, or to see if there is a territory that will fit your personal and business goals, contact us here for more information. You can also learn more about our corporate culture, by which we grow, work and operate here.